Ellie of the must read blog Fashion With Ellie knows a thing or two about scoping out a great fashion deal. Specializing in “Glam for the Average Gal” Ellie navigates retail racks like a pro for major savings. The savvy shopper gave us the scoop on her favorite budget friendly finds and top money saving tips!
Ellie’s Top 5 Tips for Shopping On a Budget:
1. Shop at stores that you can afford. Stores such as Forever 21 and H&M can help you shop without spending a lot.
2. Shop online. Stores often have an item on sale online but not in the store. Like my Aldo clutch. When I bought it, it was on sale online way before it was on sale at the store.
3. Shop for Fall items during Spring and Summer. You find the best deals on Fall clothing during Spring and Summer because they are trying to get rid of all the coats and boots. For example, my fur vest is from Foreign Exchange and I bought it on sale for $24 during the summer. My coat in outfit # 3 was originally $170 and I bought it recently for $39.99.
4. Wait for holiday sales. Shopping during the holidays can save you a lot of money. There are great sales during the holidays because that’s when people shop the most.
5. If you really want to buy something that’s outside your budget before you purchase make sure it’s worth it. You have to be able to picture 3 different ways to wear it right away. You don’t want to purchase something you will only wear once.
Thanks Ellie! Get more chic for less inspiration at Fashion With Ellie.