The Shakesperean post titles alone make for a fun fashion read on Baby Budget Blog. What’s even better is that the looks featured on the site are just as inspired. In short, stopping by Amy’s blog is always a treat! We talked personal style philosophy and retail therapy with the style savvy blogger.
How would you describe your personal style?
My personal style ranges from ladylike glam, to casual chic and anything goes in the middle of that spectrum. I don’t like to box myself into one style category. I sample everything! I am an equal opportunity stylista! Lately, I find myself gravitating towards bright pieces, and I always look for clothes or shoes or jewelry that have interest or are a bit unique (anything from structured to frilly to patterned to plain). My style is ever growing and evolving, and I’m constantly pushing myself to keep an open mind when it comes to the pieces I buy.
Do you have a personal style philosophy?
Know your body type and what does and does not look good on you. Just because I’m slender, doesn’t mean EVERYTHING looks good on me. And HAVE FUN!
What are your favorite outfit posts so far and why?
Of course I love all my posts, but if I had to pick, my absolute favorites are:
· If He Be Married, My Grave is Like To Be My Wedding Bed- I was a spirit not able to rest because my love loved another.
· When Shall We Three Meet Again? That storage hallway was my personal runway!
· That Looks on Tempests and Is Never Shaken- Loved the look of the fallen leaves in the background (shot the day after a mild hurricane).
· Where Thou Art Not, Desolation-Somewhere in the sultry hot sun manning my solitary, dilapidated gas station with Hotel California by the Eagles on constant repeat.
· That Which We Call A Rose-It was the perfect summer, sunlit, barefoot, green-countryside evening.
What are a few of your most treasured wardrobe items?
A gold and silver Fendi that I bought myself one Christmas; a Gryphon black studded coat that I scored on eBay, my YSL Arty rings and my 1940′s vintage rhinestone collar necklace!
If we were to tag along with you on a trip to your favorite places to shop,
where would we end up?
Lately, I’ve found myself mostly shopping online. But some of the stores we’d pop into are:
· Free People
· Saks Fifth Avenue
· Lord & Taylor
· Housing Works
· All Saints
· And pretty much any store along the way that had a good display of shoes, clothes and jewelry
Thanks Amy! Fresh Fashion and style inspiration this way —-> on Baby Budget Blog