The Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5 Monitor isn’t just another run of the mill rowing machine. It is at the top of its class and has been recognized as the competitive rowers worldwide as the standard for indoor rowing training.
You will see this sleek machine in almost every serious health establishment, including top level gym, professional training facilities and wellness centers. Its success and popularity at imitating the natural rowing stroke lies in its ergonomic design and superior mechanics that deliver an intense, but balanced workout for the whole body. And, let’s not forget the high-tech PM5 Performance Monitor that keeps you updated at every stroke with all the relevant information you need regarding your training goals. With the Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine, you will be entering the big leagues, from where there is only one way forward in you training; and that is to keep getting better.
Here are some of Top Features of the Concept 2 that separate it from the rest:
- The Flywheel design eradicates noise while delivering a smooth, low- impact stroke.
- The Performance Monitor 5 is a high-tech computer that offers accurate, comparable data for every row.
- 14-inch seat height, nickel-plated chain, adjustable footrests and ergonomic handle
- Easily separates into two pieces for storage. Caster wheels make it mobile
- Requires footprint of 9 x 4 feet; 500-pound capacity; 5-year frame warranty
The Performance Monitor 5
Let’s talk in a little detail about this super tracking tool that is really your greatest ally that will help you crush your goals and surpass your expectations. This awesome monitor can easily be connected to any computer via a USB or Log Card. The monitor displays all the important stats such as heart rate, pulse meter, calories burned, distance covered, and strokes per minute.
Assembly and Shipping
The majority of customers are more than satisfied with the packaging and assembly of the Concept 2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine with PM5. The rower is well protected inside the double-layered box in which it is shipped, so need not worry about any damages during transportation. It comes with an elaborate instruction manual, along with a manual for assembly. If you follow the instructions, which are pretty straight forward, assembling the rower is easy and shouldn’t take you more than half an hour.
The Concept 2 Model D is designed to emulate the natural rowing stroke while providing a low-impact and comfortable workout. The design supports safety, comfort, and delivers a balanced workout that targets all the muscles equally. It dictates a natural and safe workout that doesn’t overstrain specific muscles or cause injury. The Concept 2 model, is excellent for cardio and strength training, combining comfort and durability in one neat package. The flywheel and allow the user to enjoy a noiseless and smooth rowing stroke, while also providing the option to adjust the level of tension and resistance easily at any point during the workout.
Rowing can be a greatly rewarding exercise. The rowing machine aka the Ergometer offers a complete full body workout, unlike most other workout machines that either targets the lower body or the upper body. It offers intense workouts that can burn calories, fat and help build muscle all at the same time. Whether you’re looking to hammer your heart rate and exercise within your target heart max or simply get just stretch your legs and get the blood flowing, the modern ERG can help you achieve a variety of training goals. However, unfortunately, not a lot of people use the ERG and out of those that do, the majority don’t know how to use it properly. While some guys might hop on it for a speedy interval, they almost always get their form all wrong and end up either pulling a muscle or not hitting the right spots.
Correct Rowing technique is the key to realizing all the benefits that the ERG has to offer. Unlike performing complicated Olympic lifting movements, learning how to row with proper from and technique takes only a little practice, but is immensely rewarding, in the long run.
Basic rowing stroke comprises of four basic phases: the catch, the drive, the finish and recovery. Below, we will explain the proper form for performing each phase of the stroke.
Correct Rowing Form
- The Catch: This is the initial phase. Here your body should be relaxed and ready. Slide into the stirrup and sit with your legs bent and make sure your shins are close to 90 degrees to the floor. Grab the handle with fully extend your arms to grab the handle. Ensure that your body leans forward so that your shoulders are just in slightly in front of your hips. Maintain a neutral spine and engage your core muscles.
- The Drive: In the second phase or the drive, the legs power the body backwards with the help of the large quad muscles. Here as well, it is important that you maintain a straight spine, engage your core, lock your arms and power through your legs until they are almost straight. Next, you bend from the hips and extend your torso backwards. The closer your torso gets to being perpendicular to the floor, you should begin to pull with your arms. Remember to pull with elbows bent.You must perform this only on customers rated rowing machines like concept2 d as it will not have any negative impact on your body.
- The Finish:This next phase is the culmination of the drive. Here your legs should be straight, your elbows bent, and you should pull the handle towards your lower chest. Maintain your arms slightly away from your ribcage and do not flare them out to your sides. As always you should, maintain a strong core and a neutral back.
- The Recovery: This final phase is simply the drive in reverse. Through this recovery phase, your body slides back into the catch to begin the next stroke. The arms begin to straighten. When they are almost fully extended, the torso hinges forward from the hips. As you come closer to the intial position, maintain a straight back, engage the core, and your knees will naturally as the handle passes over them. Checkout the initial position via which you can are going to workout backwards. Again I am going to recommend only concept 2 rowing machine. Males can also use top used Home Gyms available for purchase online via internet.